CEO of Verbund AG
Dr. Christoph Beier
Vice-Chair of the GIZ Management Board
Dr. Severin Beucker
Founder and Member of the Management Board at Borderstep Institute
Founder & CEO of Startup Buenos Aires
Senior Vice President Innovation & Business Transformation of Innogy
Head of Policy and Communications EMEA at Uber Technologies
Dr. Alex von Frankenberg
Managing Director of the High-Tech Gründerfonds
Managing Director of Germany Trade & Invest
Director General Energy at Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
Jan Michael Hess
Founder and CEO of Ecosummit
Managing Director of California Clean Energy Fund
CEO of Rocky Mountain Institute
Managing Director of Startupbootcamp Berlin
CEO of German Energy Agency dena
Dr. Katrin Leonhardt
Director at KfW
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lamia Messari-Becker
Member of The German Advisory Council on the Environment
Chairman of Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND)
Dr. Rolf Nagel
Founder of Munich Venture Partners
Dr. Helmut Schönenberger
CEO of UnternehmerTUM
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Wolff
Managing Director at European Climate Foundation
Senior Fund Partner of Wermuth Asset Management GmbH
Managing Partner of DWR eco
Industrial Advisor for EQT
Group Executive Director of Envision Energy
The Award: Five categories and a Special Prize
The Start Up Energy Transition Award is a facilitator linking start-ups, non-profits, corporates, investors & venture capitalists and the public sector. Showcase your innovations in 5 categories plus 1 Special Prize:
- The Urban Energy Transition
What ideas and business models can help make the urban energy transition happen? How can the dynamic innovation activity around building technology best be harnessed?
- Mobility meets Energy Transition
An enormous amount of CO2 emissions comes down to traffic in both urban and rural areas. New ideas and tech is needed to reduce the negative impacts of transport.
- Cleantech against Climate Change
Cleantech is doing more with less. It’s about decreasing costs, waste, pollution and the use of resources. Which innovative services and technologies can make that happen? Which technologies will help us reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
- Platforms and Communities
Can we make the energy system of the future sustainable but also more efficient and cost-effective then it is today? New technologies come onto the scene to reduce costs and make contracts smart.
- Future Production & Manufacturing
The Internet of Things will mean plenty of new services and enable opportunities for smart technical infrastructure that saves energy and harnesses fluctuating energy generation levels.
- Special Prize: “Start Up SDG7” (UN-target Sustainable Energy for All)
Energy shortage is a huge problem worldwide. An estimated 1.2 billion people do not have access to electricity. In the future they will, and their energy supply should be sustainably produced. That is the aim of SDG 7 (SDG “sustainable development goals”). We know there are many start-ups working on brilliant ideas in this field. We believe really great solutions in this area deserve a special prize.
- Special Prize: “Start Up SDG7” - Sustainable Future for All – is hosted by our partner GIZ. A package worth 20 000 € will be dedicated for three nominees. Furthermore, additional start-ups will be chosen by GIZ to join our Tech Festival in march 2017 with full accommodation and a special workshop on “boosting innovation in emerging economies”.
- Be part of the global Start Up Energy Transition Network and have exclusive access to partners such as Envision, KfW, Innogy, GIZ, hub:raum, German Accellerator, High-Tech Gründerfonds and more than 70 other partners worldwide.
- Berlin calling: We invite the 3 most promising start-ups in each category for a fully accomodated trip to the Start Up Energy Transition Tech Festival in Berlin.
- Show the world that your vision and business model will help figh climate change: The 6 winners of the categories will have an active role at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue.
- Get access to international venture capitalists & investors, industry partners and start-ups.
- Win 5-digit prize money in each of the 5 categories. Sponsors are invited to contribute prizes to any of the categories.
- Professional coaching by Innogy for all of the 18 finalists.
- An international high level jury will get to know your start-up while evaluating your application.
- Present your start-up at the Start Up Energy Transition Tech Festival.