Prizes & Criteria
No matter how far you go into the SET process, there is always a value-added for your start-up. Many of our start-ups have gone on to gain new investors, mentors and customers, received invitations to energy events around the world and won even more awards and recognition for their inspiring work.
- For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
- For the #SET100 2022: the Top 100-ranked applicants will be featured in our annual publication which is circulated to investors, corporates and political stakeholders across the globe. The Top 100 also receive a free ticket to the SET Tech Festival 2022.
- For all 15 Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual category booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: Free promotional video, interviews and branding in all communication material; Access to exclusive partner events globally.
- Winners of each Category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’s global energy network in 99 countries.
Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified.
1. The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2010.
2. The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
4. The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
The next round of the SET Award launches on 20 October, 2021. Stay tuned!
Terms & Conditions
Download the official conditions and legal terms for taking part in the competition.